National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat of Arms of the Village of Szarvasgede
Click to zoom

Szarvasgede

(Nógrád County)

A seal with the date 1905 was the basis for creating the coat of arms of the village. Shield vert curved to a point with a horizontally placed furrow turning to dexter with its point and with a deer naturally-coloured, skipping out of the side of the fixing-hole.

Szarvasgede is located in the slight southern slopes of the Cserhát Hills, which is part of the Zagyva-stream valley. Administratively it is bordering with the following settlements: Zagyvaszántó, Jobbágyi, Csécse, Kisbágyon and Palotás.The village has no woods. The ploughlands around worth more than 20 gold crowns. Besides this there are smaller pastures, medows, and greens. To the south-west of the village there is a more km-s long, still unexploited lignite field. The distance of the village from the county seat is 42 km-s. It can be reached from the direction of Hatvan on road 21 through Apc or Jobbágyi. The name of the village was first mentioned in documents in 1313 as a land belonging to the Csór clan. One of the Csór family members, Tamás had a church built here in he first part of the 14th century and in 1344 asked for and received permission from the Pope in Avignon to organize annual patronal festivals there. Gede, the ancient village located to the north-west of the present day settlement and was destroyed during the Turkish Occupation. In the 1715 census 13, and in the 1720 census 15 houses were registered. The Roman Catholic Church already existed at the beginning of the 18th century, but between 1826 and 1829 it was rebuilt in its present form. The St. John of Nepomuk statue in the village was made in the 18th century. There is a kindergarten, a library, a youth centre and also a library there too..The future biohistory plant in the Petheő mansion may have been one of the tourist attractions of the village. It is planned to be the gene-bank of the indigenous and earlier spread and grown species of plants. Besides this a replica of a den-house from the times of the Árpád-House was reconstructed.