National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat-of-Arms of the Village of Somogyaszaló
Click to zoom

Somogyaszaló

(Somogy County)

The Shape of the arms is an escutcheon with red upper field and blue under field. In the red field there is a rearing horse facing to the right with a golden bunch of grapes with two leaves in its forelegs. In the blue field of the shield there are three fish swimming to the right. The shield is framed by two crosswise green oak twigs with golden acorns on both side.

According to the legend the village was named after its plenty of drying - rooms. The earliest records extant in the 1332-37 year Papa Bull. In 1403 the village was named "AZZALOW", in 1437 was AZALO. In 1536, 1550, 1598 and 1599 the landowhers were István and Balázs Sulyok, Dersffy Miklós's widow, Farkas Dersffy and Boldizsár Lengyel, Ferenc Dersffy respectively.

According to the record of the Tresury there were 80 houses in 1573-74, and 29 houses in 1580. In 1626-27 there were only two houses recorded. In the 1660 year tilliage-list we found two villages named the same: one of them belonged to the Szigliget-castle area, the other one was owned by Miklósné Sárkány. In 1715 the village had 11 households, landlord was Earl József Eszterházy. From 1726 the village belonged to the entail of the Eszterházy. In 1720 14 families were registered. The habitation was ruined by the turkish. The new village was builted remote from the old one. Three more middle-age habitation were united: Csigot Acsa, Bershida and Boronka. The periphery founded recently - except Déshida (Desala). Déshida used to be an old, middle-age village before, owned by István Gyovad from 1892. The presbitery of Déshida was already registered in 1332-37. In 1443 the village had a coustom house as well.

Antalmajor-puszta and Belső-major belong to Somogyaszaló. The Protestant church (reformed) was builted in 1789.

The village has been named as Somogyaszaló from 1906.