National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat-of-Arms of the Village of Hort
Click to zoom

Hort

(County Heves)

It is shield shaped. The lower third part is green, the upper two thirds are blue. In the middle there is a steel blue ploughshare in 15 degree o horizontal. Under the ploughshare there is one and above it three are two seven-pointed yellow stars. The whole coat of arms is in a yellow frame.

Hort is one of the biggest village of Heves county. The village is 70 km far from the capital Budapest and it is situated near the 30th mainroad, between the town of Hatvan and Gyöngyös. Its character - because of the closeness of the Mátra Mountain - is hilly and lowland like.

HORT This village on he flat northern part of the Great Hungarian Plain came into being some time after the Mongol incursion of 1241-42, being mentioned in 1337 as Hurth, and later as Horth. If often changed owners, being acquired by Count Koháry in 1689. The RC Church was rebuilt in 1769. With a population of 3,648 by the turn of this century, the village today is known for its farming, melon production and developing infrastructure.

The first stonetemple was built in 1696, which later in 1769 was rebuilt and enlarged. The church was built in baroque style and had a frontal steeple with only one nave. In 1944 the withdrawing german troops undermined and blew up the church. The totally ruined church was rebuilt from different kinds of gift with the collaboration of the inhabitants.

The cultura housel gives place to the cultural events. It can hold 500 spectators.

The cloister was built in 1928. Nunns from Sopron lived there. Since 1962 - when they rebuilt it - it is a day nursery, since 1981 the first and second class pupils from the elementary school come here to learn.

The elementary school has 16 classrooms and 3 professional circle-rooms. The cntral heating was installed in 1985. The Gym. was built in 1992. They started the education of the computer tehnic in 1997. From this year the school joined to the Internet.

The nursery school was enlarged in 1977. There are 165 children in five groups, 12 Kindergarten teachers and 5 nurses.

The village with its 3900 inhabitans is constantly developing. The drinking water pipeline network is in the inhabitants' service since the 60's. The network of telephone was built up completely at the beginning of the 90's. Most of the flats and houses are heated with gas. The building up of canalisation is still in process. Among our long term plans you can find the building of the whole network o roads and the drainage.

Das Wappenschild des Dorfes Hort

(Die Komitat von Heves)

Hort is eine der größten Gemeinden von Komität Heves. Sie liegt 70 km weit von Budapest, bei der Hauptverkehrslinie 30, zwischen den Städten Hatvan und Gyöngyös. Ihr Charakter ist - wegen der Nähe des Mátra Gebirge - Hügellandschaft und Tiefebene zugleich.

HORT Das im Flachland, im nördlichen Teil er Tiefebene gelegene Dorf entstand nach den furchtbaren Verwüstungen durch die Mongolen (1241). 1337 findet es als Hurth, später als Horth urkundliche Erwähnung. Die Besitzer Wechselten häufig, von 1689 an bildete es das Besitztum der Grafenfamilie Koháry. Die römisch-katholische Kirche wurde 1769 wiedererbaut. Um die Jahrhundertwende zählte die Gemeinde 3648 Einwohner. Bestimmend für den Ort ist die landwirtschaftliche Produktion, insbesondere der Melonenanbau. Die Infrastruktur hat sich in letzter Zeit beachtlich entwickelt.

Der Gemeinde hatte schon im Jahr 1696 eine kleine Steinkirche, was im Jahr 1769 erweitert und neugebaut wurde. Diese Kirche war im barokk Stil gebaut, hatte einen Fassadenturm und einen Schiff. Im Jahr 1944 haben die zurückziehenden Truppen die Kirche gesprengt. Die heutige Kirche wurde durch den Zusammenschluss der Bevölkerung, aus verschiedenen Schenkungen aufgebaut.

Der Schauplatz der kulturellen Ereignissen der Gemeinde ist das Kulturhaus. Dises Gebäude steht seit 1961 zur Verfügung. Es ist Aufnahmefähig bis 500 Personen.

Im Jahr 1928 wurde im Dorf ein Kloster aufgebaut und von soproner Nonnen bewohnt. Im Jahr 1962 wurde es neugebaut. Seitdem ist es die Tagesheimstätte der Klieinschüler. Seit 1981 lernen hier die Schüler der ersten und zweiten Klasse.

Die Grundschule verfüght sich über 16 Klassenzimmer und drei andere Zimmer für Zirkel. Die Kinder haben die Möglichkeit, das Internet zu benutzen.

1985 - Zentralheizung

1992 - Aufbau der Turnhalte

1997 - Unterricht der Computertechnik

Der Kindergarten wurde im Jahr 1977 neugebaut.

Zur Zeit beschäftigen sich 12 Kindergärtnerinnen und 5 Ammen mit 165 Kindern in 5 Gruppen.

Die über 3900 Bewohner verfügende Gemeinde entwickelt sich Jahr zu Jahr. Das Trinkwassernetz dient seit den 60-er Jahren die Bequemlichkeit der Bevölkerung. Der Ausbau des Telefonnetzes wurde am Ende der 90-er Jahren beendet. Seit Oktober 1993 sind die Mehrheit der Wohnungen durch Leistungsgas geheizt. Zur zeit läuft der Ausbau des Kanalnetzes. Wir Planen den Bau des völligen Strassennetzes und des Regenwasserableitungssystems.