National and historical symbols of Hungary

In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.

The Coat-of-Arms of the Village of Aranyosgadány
Click to zoom

Aranyosgadány

(The County of Baranya)

The coat-of-arms of the village is an eschuteon rounded at the bottom with sinister transversal striation. The chief field is gules and the base is argent. A multiple pointed star is shining in the field gules. In the field azure we see three wheatears borne encouped with a coulter on dexter and a ploughshare on sinister, also borne encouped. Most of the items are metal.

Under the shield we perceive a vert grapevine with azure bunch of grapes and or wheatears on dexter. Below is a cotise with the inscription: 1728 Pécsarányos – Keménygadány 1741, which refers to the origin of the official seals of the two villages before unification and also to the former names of these villages.

Above the blazon we read the inscription: Aranyosgadány.

The first written references to Aranyosgadány are from 1200’s. During the 14th and 15th centuries the village was a bishopric seat. Its first inhabitants were Arians.

Artifacts and objects were discovered originating in the Turkish period (e.g. the Turkish well). After the period of Turkish thraldom a cloister was working here.

The two villages were united in 1942 under the name of Aranyosgadány.

The memory park was established in the year of the millennium on the place of the half finished, half destroyed church from 1988. The church’s foundations were covered up and on the middle of the parcel a cross and a marble pane were placed as monuments of the builders of the church and of Tibor Ropoli abbot-priest, the begetter of the park.

In 2002 the foundations of the ‘kálvária’ (Way of the Cross) were restored. We won the funds with the “Preservation of the Built Environment” project in calling for tender of the local government of the county of Baranya. Carver Bonaventura Serbán made the images of the stations.

The outdoor theatre was also built in 2002. This is an ideal place for organizing various festivals and productions.

The description of the Aranyosgadány’s seal

The coat-of-arms of the village is an eschuteon rounded at the bottom with sinister transversal striation. The chief field is gules and the base is argent. A multiple pointed star is shining in the field gules. In the field azure we see three wheatears borne encouped with a coulter on dexter and a ploughshare on sinister, also borne encouped. Most of the items are metal.

Under the shield we perceive a vert grapevine with azure bunch of grapes and or wheatears on dexter. Below is a cotise with the inscription: 1728 Pécsarányos – Keménygadány 1741, which refers to the origin of the official seals of the two villages before unification and also to the former names of these villages.

Above the blazon we read the inscription: Aranyosgadány.