In this section you can find the crests of almost 2400 settlements of Hungary with notes. Find the starting letter of the settlement in the list and click if you want to see it.
The coat-of-arms is a shield with the base curved to a point. It bears: azure, a dexter arm embowed, vambraced sable and argent, the hand holding a scimitar. Above the top two Caucasian snowdrops proper with two leaves vert between them.
Alcsútdoboz is located in the northern part of the county Fejér, in the Váli valley, which stretches straight between the northwest-southeast spurs of the Vértes Mountains. The area of the village is 5,070 hectares. The number of inhabitants is 1,475. Alcsútdoboz came into being in 1950 with the unification of the villages of Alcsút and Vértesdoboz. The place name Csút takes its origin in a proper name, as a common name-giving practice of early Magyars, and it refers to the founding Csúthy family. According to archeological evidence, Alcsút has been inhabited since the Stone Age. The first documented reference dates back to 1365, whereby the Alchuthy nobles were mentioned. Before the Hungarian defeat at Mohács in 1526, nobiliary manors at Alcsút were dwelt by secular owners, or they were co-possessed by landlords who also had properties elsewhere. During the Turkish occupation tax collectors registered ten names. In 1543, when Székesfehérvár fell to the Turks, the nearby villages, including Alcsút, were burnt, and the dwellers fled to the reedy swamps of Csepel Island. The inhabitants returning in the early 1600s were Calvinists, who built a small church for themselves.
Until 1665 no-one had disputed the nobiliary rights of the village. However, in that year the Pauline monastery of Pápa laid claim to the property of Alcsút, which meant the beginning of an almost one-hundred-year-long struggle for the ownership of the settlement. Finally Alcsút went into the possession of the Paulines in 1753. After the dissolution of the order by Emperor Joseph II (1786), the village was administered by a religious endowment. In 1819 it became the entailed property of Palatine József, who started large-scale construction work. Between 1819-27 the manor house designed by Mihály Pollack was built in Classical style, followed by seven farmsteads and a number of village houses. On the fields a pre-planned scheme of land cultivation was launched in 1825, and within two decades a world-famous model farm was born at Alcsút, where the English, the French and the Dutch came to learn. From 1867 the lord of the estate was Archduke Károly József who, by applying the achievements of the age, developed his property further. It was him who contributed to the beauty of the manorial park by planting rare species. He learnt to speak Romany, and made a futile attempt to settle down the travelling Gypsies. In 1882 he established a voluntary firemen's association, while his wife, Archduchess Klotild, had a kindergarten built. The railway line between Székesfehérvár and Bicske was opened in the fall of 1898.
Following Károly József's death in 1905, Alcsút was inherited by his son Ágost József, who did not stay in the village as much as his father had done. Instead, he chose a military career. However, he kept the promise made by his father, and had the Catholic church built for the village in 1907.
During the first world war 243 men were drafted from Alcsút, out of whom 63 fell. In 1920, by the provisions of István Nagyatádi Szabó's land reform, 137 cadastral acres of ploughland were distributed. Electricity was introduced in the village in 1926. Hungary's national flag was hoisted in the main square in 1943, so that the villagers express their sympathy with the soldiers who were to set out to the Eastern front. The Russian army reached Alcsút on 23 December 1944. This was also the day that the manor caught fire and most of it burnt down. When "the liberators" left the village in March 1945, they also "freed" the villagers from 95 per cent of their livestock.
It was in 1945 that 3,338 cadastral acres of land were distributed. The first agricultural co-operative was established in 1949, followed by five more in 1959, until all of them were eventually united in 1960 by the name Egyetértés (Concord). In the 1950s the walls of the mansion were pulled down and the material was re-used by the nearby settlements, because the communist party leaders of the county had decided so. Only the tympanum and the chapel survived. The pusztas (scattered farmsteads) were united as a state-owned farm in 1953.
At several land auctions held between 13 January 1993 and 23 March 1994, eight hundred and seventy-nine hectares of the co-op owned lands were sold. Following the drawing out of the great majority of the land, the Egyetértés co-operative farm ceased to exist in 1997.
Around Máriavölgy puszta, three hundred hectares of ploughland were purchased at the biddings by PSU Kft (Ltd.), where they built a golf course. At present it is owned and run by the newly-established Pannon Golf and Country Club, the honorary president of which is Archduke Mihály (Michael) von Hapsburg, grandson of Palatine József.
In 1993, natural gas was introduced in the village. The sports hall, opened on 1 April 1999, cost HUF 180 million, and it was financed using the village's own resources.